Makes 12 large muffins
3 cups cake flour or 3 cups all purpose flour less 6 tablespoons
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup yogurt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl toss washed blueberries with approximately 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture and set aside.
- In seperate bowl, using a whisk mix wet ingredients together until incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients mixture to the flour mixture and using wooden spoon, stir until flour mixture is incorporated, making sure not to overmix. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Scoop mixture into muffin pan and top with the sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or toothpick comes out clean when inserted into centre of the muffin.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan. Then remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.